Grant Policy Guidelines
The Ethan Henry Lecours Foundation seeks to help families and organizations caring for individuals with developmental disabilities and special needs. The foundation has established criteria to help decide where funds may be most effectively utilized. Funding will be provided to families and organizations that help children with special needs cope with everyday living expenses, specialized equipment, and emotional challenges.
- Each applicant will be evaluated by the board of trustees. The board will consider each application based on a certain set of criteria.
The foundation does NOT consider the following for funding:
- Organizations that discriminate by race, religion, color, creed, sex, age or national origin
- Advertising for benefit purposes
- Endowment funds, annual fund drives
The level of funding needed for a proposed project or program should determine the amount of the grant request. As a general rule, grants are not awarded for operating costs nor are they awarded for start-up organizations. Only one request per year will be accepted from a non-profit organization. Multiple-year grants are not awarded.
Please carefully read the following general requirements in their entirety before submitting a grant proposal. If your organization does not meet all of these requirements it will not be considered for funding.
- Families or organizations focusing on individuals with developmental disabilities. Funding is provided to special needs children and family members who may need assistance in purchasing specialized equipment, or everyday living expenses.
- Organizations must have been in existence for at least one year.
- Grants are for one year and are not automatically renewable for multiple years.
- Families and organizations are limited to two grant applications per calendar year.